WOW Scholarship Requirements
One of the goals of WE is to encourage young women to further their education, excel spiritually and academically, and become productive members of today’s technologically advanced society by offering the annual Women of Wisdom (WOW) Scholarship. Isaiah 33:6 states, “And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times and strength of salvation.”
Why would a young lady graduating from high school need to further her education? The above verse affirms that wisdom and knowledge will be the stabilizing factor in our current society. A college education, as well as a strong walk with the lord, could very well serve as an anchor in perilous times. This verse also states that wisdom and knowledge will yield strength concerning personal salvation. The WOW Scholarship Award will provide ﬁnancial assistance for college to a well- deserving recipient, as well as provide a boost to their self-esteem. The WOW award is available to female high school graduates. The award will be presented at the ALJC General Conference by an honorary Woman of Wisdom.
Scholarship Criteria & Application Process
- The WOW College Scholarship award will be available to ladies who have completed high school and intending to further their education by attending college.
- Student must be a member of an ALJC church whose pastor is also an ALJC licensed minister.
- Student must be an active participant in Women’s Esprit in the local church.
- An electronic portfolio must be submitted by May 1st, and include the following information.
- Name of student, age, address, any personal or family information, date of baptism, date of receiving the Holy Spirit, and a digital picture.
- Letter of recommendation from parent/guardian.
- Letter of recommendation from pastor.
- Letter from student containing information detailing about their life, academic, and long-range goals. Letter most contain both natural and spiritual goals.
Winner of the WOW Honorary Scholarship Award will be announced and presented at ALJC General Conference. The WOW Honorary Scholarship award is sponsored by the ALJC Women’s Esprit Channels of Blessings Division. Please send your completed portfolio to: Angela Scott, 143 Price Street, Jackson, MI 49202; Phone: (517) 745-5975 Email: Angela.Scott2020@yahoo.com