One of the goals of WE is to encourage young women to further their education, excel spiritually and academically, and become productive members of today’s technologically advanced society by offering the annual Women of Wisdom (WOW) Scholarship. Isaiah 33:6 states, “And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times and strength of salvation.”
Why would a young lady graduating from high school need to further her education? The above verse affirms that wisdom and knowledge will be the stabilizing factor in our current society. A college education, as well as a strong walk with the lord, could very well serve as an anchor in perilous times. This verse also states that wisdom and knowledge will yield strength concerning personal salvation. The WOW Scholarship Award will provide ﬁnancial assistance for college to a well- deserving recipient, as well as provide a boost to their self-esteem. The WOW award is available to female high school graduates. The award will be presented at the ALJC General Conference by an honorary Woman of Wisdom.
WOW Scholarship Criteria & Application Process
- The WOW College Scholarship award will be available to young ladies who have completed high school and are intending to further their education by attending college. Homeschooled students are also welcome to participate in the WOW program.
- Student must be a member of an ALJC church whose pastor is also an ALJC licensed minister.
- Student must be an active participate in Women’s Esprit in the local church.
- A small three-ring binder notebook must be submitted by April 1, and include the following information. (An emailed copy will be accepted and is preferred, if received by midnight April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Name of student, age, address, any personal or family information, date of baptism, date of receiving the Holy Spirit, and a wallet size picture.
- Letter of recommendation from parent or guardian.
- Letter of recommendation from pastor.
- Letter from student containing information about their life, academic plans, and long-range plans. Letter must contain both natural and spiritual plans.
- SAT and/or ACT scores.
- High school transcript.
- Letters of Invitation received from colleges.
- A list of acts of service performed at the local church level (nursery duty, janitorial duties, choir, etc.)
- A list of acts of service in the local community (Habitat for Humanity, Women’s Shelters, etc.)
- A list of any awards given during school tenure, which might include awards received within the local church or on the district level.
- Student must be willing to undergo a personal interview.
- Winner of the WOW Honorary Scholarship Award will be announced and presented at ALJ C General Conference.
- Daughters of full-time evangelist and missionaries are also eligible for the WOW Honorary Scholarship award. Rules number two and number three dealing on the local church level will be altered to accommodate the situation.
The WOW Honorary Scholarship award is sponsored by the ALJC Women’s Esprit Channels of Blessings Division.
Please send your completed portfolio to: Laurel Green, POB 850036, Yukon, Oklahoma 73085; Email: email@example.com